Saturday, April 19, 2014

The Giddies!

Created by Reese James in the 60's or 70's for the Cole National Corp of Cleveland, Ohio, The Giddies are the hilarious, shag-headed, and possibly naked, drunken characters of this superbly designed set of 4 drink coasters and 4 stirrers. And while I do not condone alcohol consumption of any kind, I do adore the amazing artwork and text featured on the coasters and stirrers, as well as on the pea green box packaging-- I also noticed on google the set came in a pink version too! Lots of fun to seriously liven up any party, and hey it's the latest style-- the stirrers fit in the coaster slots as well! Also comes with a bathroom survey sheet on the back of the box!

(A super big thanks to CPC for finding this set for me!)








7 comments:

Mr. Karswell said...

(Apologies for the slightly blurry photos too)

Crafty C said...

I just knew you'd love those!

Mr. Karswell said...

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Mr. Cavin said...

Giddies! I'm sure I've seen these guys all over, but a cursory examination online isn't turning up much more than what's pictured here, so I'm not sure where I would've.

I really like all the handwriting on the box, too. Excellent find!

Mr. Karswell said...

My guess would be greeting card art from the 60's and 70's too-- love it!

Unknown said...

I have a framed print ... "There's very few problems I can't overcome". Sitting next to a table just full of pills. classic!

Unknown said...

I have a framed print ... "There's very few problems I can't overcome". Sitting next to a table just full of pills. classic! Would you like to buy Tpte1@verizon.net