Sunday, December 11, 2011

North Pole Colorado

Earlier this month I posted some ads of things to do around Denver, CO in 1962 (click HERE), and one of the ads was for Santa's Workshop in North Pole, Colorado. Looking through my brochure collection just this weekend I suddenly realized I actually have a 1968 brochure from this place, though I've never been there. So here it is in it's entirety, I scanned the huge fold-out map into two large halves so you can see the detail, but also included a smaller rez version of the whole thing pieced together. And find out more about Santa's Workshop (yep, after 50 years it's still around) by clicking HERE!






5 comments:

Mr. Cavin said...

Yeah, sometimes I think dirty dirty jokes when I hear the words "north pole" too.

Your collection is so cool. I really love these rural theme parks, man. They used to be everywhere. It's nice to know that some have survived. Although the brown snow kinda makes this arctic Swiss village look like it's actually in the middle of the desert.

Mr. Karswell said...

That frozen pole does look a bit like a chilled dildo... oh well, Santa makes "toys" for people of ALL AGES, right?

Amber Von Felts said...

Wow, I can't believe it is still around. That is truly amazing!

Mr. Karswell said...

Let's all take a field trip! The Bubble Bounce Snowball ride sounds like too much fun!!

Unknown said...

I think the last time I was here my son was about 3 years old. That was a long time ago.