Friday, December 9, 2011

Mad Monster Party by Rick Goldschmidt

Looking for the perfect gift this year for that special animation lovin' someone? The new book from author and official RANKIN/BASS historian Rick Goldschmidt is out NOW, and covers everything you ever wanted to know about the spooky, kooky, 1967 Animagic classic-- MAD MONSTER PARTY!! This is a fantastic, highly recommended book, featuring 272 pages and over 300 images (many never before published) of photos and rare concept sketches and storyboard artwork, plus, the original shooting script in its entirety, sheet music for the wonderful songs, the complete Mad Monster Party Dell comic book, behind the scenes interviews and insight from the cast and crew (Jack Davis, Don Duga, Maury Laws, etc.) and much, MUCH MORE! Click HERE for all the details and to order your copy today!





















And don't miss Rick Goldschmidt’s Blog – The Enchanted World of Rankin/Bass, with daily updates of everything Rankin/Bass related in the known Universe!

8 comments:

Prof. Grewbeard said...

need this...

Anonymous said...

Just got this in the mail for a Christmas gift for someone..they will LOVE it..EXCELLENT book!!!

Mr. Cavin said...

I don't know about anybody else, but I hope the Anonymous above is my wife.

Mr. Karswell said...

Haha, well if for some reason it's mine, then I guess there'll be an extra copy of this book for one of you nicer (or naughtier) AEET friends!

Bergie said...

Oh goodness. My 3 year old is obsessed with the movie. I'm not exaggerating. I have to have this.

Patrick Owsley said...

Terrific book...I highly recommend it! Love your blog, Steve! Merry Christmas!

Mykal Banta said...

Sorry, fellas. I'm pretty sure that Anonymous is my secret admirer who has yet to declare herself (or perhaps an ex who who wishes to make up).

This one sure looks like a winner!

- signed "King of Wishful Thinking"

Mr. Karswell said...

>My 3 year old is obsessed with the movie.

My son has been obsessed with it since around that age as well, I can't even begin to count how many times we've watched it and listened to the soundtrack CD.

>Terrific book...I highly recommend it! Love your blog, Steve! Merry Christmas!

Thanks Patrick, Happy Holidays to you and Leslie too! I was really happy to see Rick use a few of your Mad Monster illustrations in this book as well!

>Sorry, fellas. I'm pretty sure that Anonymous is my secret admirer who has yet to declare herself

Haha, good luck with that Mykal... afterall, xmas is the time for wishful thinking! :)