Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Duncan Yo-Yo Tricks '62

Things I am terrible at: hula hooping, ice skating, furniture assembly, hunting, understanding women, understanding men, understanding my mom, and last but not least-- working a yo-yo! And as hard as I try, I suppose it's just time to admit that even this super fun yo-yo trick booklet put out by Donald F. Duncan in 1962 won't help me... but maybe it will help you, and if not, then you can at least do what I do and look at the groovy illustrations and wonderful lettering styles.













3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am certainly a yo-yo bozo. I was lucky to get it to go up and down on its string without getting tangled!

Unca Jeffy said...

I miss the days the "Yo-Yo Man" would come to school and hock his wares while dazzling us with these tricks.

Mr. Karswell said...

I used to work at the Golden Apple Megastore on Melrose in LA back in the mid to late 90's, and owner Bill was apparently some kind of yo-yo world champ or something, he was pretty amazing to watch.

Anyway, thanks for the comments... boy, looking at the very last scan from this post, the "Be-Bop" trick, our lil yo-yo hero better cover himself as he's just about to get be-bopped in the family jewels!